Are you struggling to adapt to a fabric softener that will suit your sensitive skin? Constantly struggling to find the best products to suit your skin needs even when it comes to fabric softeners is pretty common.
Do not fret, as there are many alternative options out there that can be practiced exclusively for sensitive skin which will eliminate all and any unwanted reactions. Let’s take a look at them.
A Quick Look At My Favorite Fabric Softeners For Sensitive Skins
- Fabric softener is a product used to soften the fabric and remove static fuzz from the product itself
- The above-listed products are the best fabric softeners for sensitive skin
- Some fabric softeners are completely scent-free to remove any allergenic dyes or perfumes present
- Most fabric softeners are hypoallergenic and compatible with HE machines
- Fabric softeners can cause major issues in skin conditions if not using the right product for your skin
- Some products are only recommended to be sued for cold washes or vice versa
Top 5 Best Fabric Softeners For Sensitive Skins
For each product, we’ll explain factors such as the fragrance of the product, how well it removes static, and what role it plays during the washing cycle are important, which we will take into account while reviewing all of the fabric softeners for sensitive skin.
Regardless of all of these features, let’s look at all of our best options for fabric softeners for sensitive skin. The top 5 best fabric softeners for sensitive skin are the following products that are listed within the fabric softener industry:
Snuggle Liquid Fabric Softener
- Gentle on Sensitive Skin
- Hypoallergenic Fresh Scent
- Snuggly Softness and Freshness
- Free of Dyes
- This package includes one 80-ounce bottle of Snuggle Sensitive 2X concentrated liquid fabric softener, enough for 200 loads.
The snuggle brand is known for making some of the best fabric softeners out there, including the feature for creating a product that is specifically targeted for sensitive skin, overall benefiting our health and providing a great scent.
My experience using this fabric softener has been nothing but positive, as it has helped with issues such as allergies to specific types of dye found in fabric softeners, to even the overall ingredients used within every fabric softener.
Overall, this fabric softener is great at softening any clothing, with the overall benefit of removing static from clothing. The scent of this product is extremely fresh, and each bottle of snuggle fabric softener can last up to 200 loads at a time.
- Great for extremely sensitive skin
- One bottle of snuggle liquid fabric softener lasts about 200 loads
- Produces a great scent and removes static from clothing
- Makes any clothing extremely soft and comfortable and retains quality.
- Scent does not last very long, and is not as strong
- Consistency of the product may appear too thick at times depending on the package.
All Liquid Fabric Softener For Sensitive Skin
- Leave your fabrics feeling soft and comfortable against sensitive skin with this hypoallergenic, fragrance free fabric softener.
- Made by the #1 detergent brand recommended by dermatologists for sensitive skin, this gentle fabric softener is 100% fragrance-free and dye-free.
- Add to your wash for clothes and bedding that are gentle on the skin.
- Use with all Free Clear laundry detergent and dryer sheets for clean and soft clothes with static cling reduction in the dryer.
- This bottle contains 48-ounces, enough for 60 loads.
This fabric softener is strictly known for being a great recommendation from dermatologists as the number one used fabric softener if you struggle with any type of issues with sensitive skin or allergies as it is hypoallergenic.
When using this product, I strictly noticed that the only downside to using it overall is the fact that it is completely scent-free unlike many other fabric softeners out there. This can be a slight issue if you prefer fabric softeners with strong scents.
However, when using this product, I noticed that it is completely hypoallergenic and it has greatly benefited my skin overall, it is also compatible with HE machines and can battle stains very well as a fabric softener.
- Recommended by dermatologists if you struggle with allergies or sensitive skin
- Completely hypoallergenic
- It is compatible with any HE machines
- Formula is completely free from artificial dyes
- Battles stains and leaves your clothing extremely soft
- Packaging does not contain a larger quantity
- It is completely scent free, meaning that it will not leave your clothing with any strong scents or fragrances
Downy Ultra Plus Free & Gentle
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Free of dyes and perfumes
- Dermatologist-tested and hypoallergenic
- Conditions to help prevent stretching, fading, and fuzz
- Compatible with HE machines
The downy brand is known for producing some of the best fragrance fabric softeners out there, with its wide variety of scents and overall great fabric softener quality, it deserves a spot in the best fabric softeners for sensitive skin list.
Since this brand has made some of the best fabric softeners out there, it produced an alternative for soft and sensitive skin, and from personal experience, this product is more than expected. This fabric softener is great for any skin condition.
It is completely hypoallergenic, will not cause further allergies, retains its freshes for a longer period, and does not contain any artificial dyes or perfumes that may affect or cause allergic reactions to any type of skin out there.
- Hypoallergenic and free from artificial dyes and perfumes
- Completely soft for any skin type and is suited for any sensitive skin conditions
- Protects your clothing from stretching and/or static for any type of clothing
- Reduces wrinkles more than other fabric softeners
- HE compatible
- Completely scent-free, with no fragrance to the product, meaning no scented clothing.
- Not great to use in cold water
- Packaging only harbors around 76 loads of washing cycles.
Dreft Stage 2
- Specially formulated for active babies
- Hypoallergenic. Sodium citrate is a water softener helps in cleaning in hard water
- Helps remove 99% of baby food stains
- Helps remove grass and crawling stains. Directions - Measure with Cap. Use more for heavily soiled loads. Start washer, add detergent, then add clothes
- Recommended by Pampers.You can use Dreft products no matter what kind of washing machine you have
Even though this product is strictly advertised as a product that is used as a fabric softener for baby clothing, due to its great consistency and the ingredients present, it is a great way to battle any sensitive skin condition that may be present.
There is a reason why this product is used on our smaller ones, as by using this product as a substitute to normal fabric softener for sensitive skin, I’ve come to find that it is extremely great in preventing any allergies or skin conditions that may arise
It leaves your clothing completely soft, and it’s recommended as the best fabric softener for infants and newborn clothing. With that being said, it is a great substitute for any commonly used fabric softener out there.
- Helps with removing stains, especially for baby clothing
- Extremely hypoallergenic and does not cause any further allergies to sensitive skin types
- Compatible with standard and HE washing machines
- Mainly used for children and small infants
- Packaging only acquires up to 36 loads of washing cycles
Attitude Hypoallergenic Fabric Softener For Sensitive Skin
- Our Natural Fabric Softener helps to reduce static, softening your clothes and making ironing easier, without irritating sensitive skin.
- Dermatologically tested, non-irritating and hypoallergenic & Fragrance Free
- Certified EWG Verified (Environmental Working Group)
This fabric softener is specially designed just for sensitive skin types and is most practically used to cater to any skin conditions and allergies that may be affected by any type of liquid laundry softener out there. With that in mind, it definitely deserves to be on the list of best fabric softeners for sensitive skin.
With my continuous use of this product, I’ve noticed that it is completely fragrance-scent-free, which means that this product does not contain artificial perfumes. It greatly protects any clothing item from static and fuzz and reduces damage to clothing.
This product is not as popular as many other fabric softener brands out there, but it is a great product that should be used within any household, as this fabric softener has some of the best qualities out there for any sort of sensitive skin condition and sensitive skin types out there.
- Hypoallergenic and will not irritate your skin or cause further skin conditions
- Helps with clothing static and will reduce any damage done to clothing
- All-natural plant formula, consisting of Colloidal oatmeal
- Completely scent and odor free
- Can only be used for cold water washes
- Does not provide the best softness overall for clothing
- Packaging only contains a good amount that is suited for about 35 washing machine loads at a time
Fabric Softener – What Is It Used For?
You have heard that the fabric softener product is something that is most commonly sued during any washing cycle and it can overall benefit any clothing. But what does it do, and how does it work?
The purpose of any fabric softener is as its name states, to furthermore soften up the fabric or clothing item that is placed in each wash cycle. This is extremely beneficial as it retains the quality of the clothing, making them last more.
With that being said, fabric softeners also possess different types of ingredients that may or may not be suited for every skin type out there, which is very important to choose the right product. Let’s look at all of the further options for the best fabric softeners for sensitive skin.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Can I Make My Laundry Smell Good With Sensitive Skin?
Many experts recommend that mixing in a specific mixture of baking soda and borax that can be added to any wash cycle to help with the smell of any laundry out there. As well as adding a few drops of essential oil to any wash
Can Fabric Softeners Irritate Skin?
Yes, it can. Due to the consistency and the ingredients that are present in different types of fabric softeners, it can in fact cause allergies, skin conditions such as dermatitis, or many other types of issues that may overall affect the health of your skin
Why Do My Clothes Not Smell Good After Washing
- This can be due to many reasons, as many factors are affected by this issue
- The fabric detergent or fabric softener you are using does not have a strong scent or fragrance
- You are not using enough fabric softener or detergent on your clothing
- You are using the wrong brand of fabric softener or detergent
- There may be clogging or build-up in your washing machine, which may result in unwashed clothing or clothing that is not affected by any products
How Do I Treat Irritated Skin From Fabric Softener
- If you have ended up using a fabric softener that has irritated your skin, there are many ways to ease and eliminate this issue from your body.
- Applying an oatmeal bath that will help you with the rash of your skin
- Trying any anti-inflammatory and skin allergy creams that will ease the symptoms of your condition and rashes
- Completely eliminate the usage of fabric softener or replace your fabric softener that is suited for your skin type and sensitive skin
- Re-washing your clothing properly to eliminate further irritation of the skin and cause bigger rashes than before.
- If these issues persist, then it is best to consult a doctor or dermatologist for further options and treatment.
Conclusion: Fabric Softeners For Sensitive Skin
Since skin issues have been present for longer periods, the need and the quest to find the best fabric softener for sensitive skin have been present for ages. Issues such as allergies, rashes, and many other fabric issues that may arise have been caused by the excessive use of badly formulated fabric softeners.
However, the modern age has found a way to create environmentally friendly and extremely useful fabric softeners that are strictly used for individuals who suffer from many of these skin conditions that are present. This is why each product has different pros and cons.
Depending on what product you are trying to choose, there are many choices out there that cater to the need for sensitive skin, however, these are some of the best options out there that are great. Depending on what you are really looking for, the need to use these products may vary
Finding the best fabric softener for sensitive skin depends on your personal preferences and the attributes that one has to possess.