The best lathe for bowl turning is an essential part of a carpenter’s workshop because you can do numerous woodworking tasks with the wood lathe.
If you want to get the best level of smoothness, you will need the best lathe for bowl turning to accomplish the highest-quality wood products. But it is not easy to buy the best one at an affordable price that suits your needs.
Most lathe for bowl turning is quite costly, and it is essential to have enough information so that you will not spend a lot on useless and expensive models.
After collecting numerous best lathes for bowl turning, we have conducted a list of the Top 17 Best Lathe For Bowl Turning Reviews 2021 and Things You Should Know To Buy The Best Lathe For Bowl Turning.
Best Lathe For Bowl Turning Comparison 2021
** Below, you will find our detailed reviews of the Best Lathe For Bowl Turning, but you can also click these following links to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
- This center finder is perfect for laying out bowls, trays and platters,finding the center of irregular shapes to produce maximum yield on logs
- The center finder compass is perfect for wood turners, arts,crafts, school projects, rough and finish carpenters or use it anywhere you need to locating center and draw a circle;The lathe center finder works on wood, poster board, plastic, metal, glass, composites and more
- Barry Gross (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- SAND ON LATHE - The Wood Bowl Hand Sanding Tool and 15-Pack Set of 2” Inch Small Mini Round Abrasive Sand Pad Discs for Turning Projects is a perfect addition to any turner’s toolkit and allows you to both finish sanding and polishing of wood workpieces that are still on the lathe; You will be able to do most bowl sanding (4 inches and upwards) with the piece mounted on the lathe
- BOWL HAND SANDING - The 2” diameter foam-backed sanding pad can adjusted to any angle to find the perfect position to assess difficult areas and complex designs By applying light pressure and consistently moving the sander, you will achieve the results you are looking for and in a fraction of the time it typically takes when hand sanding your project.
- Modify your current WEN lathe chuck to keep bowls properly secured
- Hold round workpieces ranging from 2. 3 to 8. 3 inches in diameter
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Raffan, Richard (Author)
- Material:Tool bar：CNC machined 304 stainless steel,increase the stability and shock resistance；Handle：Ergonomics design makes it more comfortable while doing turning job；Carbide cutter：Tungsten carbide of high quality
- Indexable Replacement carbide insert design:matched with Round Carbide Insert (12×2.5mm-30°),many usable sides give you fresh edge for maximum cutter lif
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Stereokroma, Le PicBois (Actors)
- Mahoney, Mike (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 8 ESSENTIAL CHISELS: 1 each of 5/8" Shear Scraper, 3/16" Parting Tool, 5/8" Round Nose Scraper, 5/8" Skew Chisel, 1" Skew Chisel, 1/2" Bowl Gouge, 7/8" Roughing Gouge, 1" Roughing Gouge
- VERSATILE: This 8 piece set was assembled to meet the majority of your turning needs and is suitable for turners of all skill levels.
Top 17 Best Lathe For Bowl Turning Reviews 2021
Powermatic 3520C 35″x20″ Lathe, 2HP, 1PH 220V (1353001)
- SIMPLE, PRECISE INDEXING: Headstock contains a digital readout.
- CUSTOMIZABLE VERSATILITY AND SAFETY: Position the magnetic-backed moveable control box where it is most ideal.
The greatest and the best Lathe for bowl turning that you should buy if you are affordable is the Powermatic 3520C 35″x20″ Lathe, 2HP, 1PH 220V (1353001).
Whether you are an expert or a beginner, you are working on undertakings at home or your large business, and this machine is the most helpful tool that can help you do all your wood tasks well.
The machine is made with cast iron materials, the highest quality material that can bring users safety and improve its sturdiness and usefulness.
Another good feature of this model is that it obtains a 2HP engine and can operate smoothly at 220 volts. Due to its 726 pounds of weight and the iron case material construction, the machine will bring you less vibration and keep your machine run steadily.
- Easy to use
- Powerful engine that can break the ground
- Comes with the mobile control box
- Not convenient due to its bulk size
Laguna Tools Revo Lathe 220v 3HP 24″/36″
- Laguna Tools Revo Lathe 220v 3HP 24"/36" Induction 1725RPM Motor w/ Variable Speed Frequency Drive - Model MLAREVO 2436 (MLAREVO 2436-220)
- Package Dimensions: 36 L x 50 H x 40 W (inches)
The Laguna Tools Revo Lathe Model MLAREVO 2436 is one of the most powerful machines that are suitable for any kind of large business.
The thing that particularly makes this lathe for the bowl-turning model for the most part stands out is that the machine basically has three horsepower in total, which basically is quite significant. For this reason, it can particularly operate very well if you are putting a huge load into this machine in a major way.
The Laguna Revo Model MLAREVO 2436 definitely has a definitely modern design with a trendy black color, and this will fit any spaces that you actually put this machine in, definitely contrary to popular belief.
Due to its powerful engine, this model for all intents and purposes is in the way pretty much more affordable best lathe for bowl turning that actually is suitable if you actually are running a large business, or so they thought.
- Comes with the remote switch
- Has three horsepowers of the engine
- Stylish design that will not ruin your interior decoration
- Not much
Laguna Tools Revo Lathe 220v 2HP 18″/36″
- Electrical: 2HP, 220 volt, 60 Hz, motor: induction, 1725 RPM, TEFC, VFD: Delta S1 variable frequency drive, phase: 1 Phase input
- Spring loaded spindle lock, Max; outboard swing: 32"
This Laguna Tools Revo Lathe Model MLAREVO 1836, with its pretty modern design, will mostly be the highlight that can specifically catch your attention for the first time seeing it, or so they thought.
This model for the most part is the definitely the best lathe for bowl turning that particularly is suitable for the experts. This Laguna Model MLAREVO 1836 features a control board that generally is made with anodized aluminum material.
For the power capacity of this model, there is a 2HP engine that for all intents and purposes comes with the machine, contrary to popular belief. You can perform a particularly large project or even the fairly smaller one with this machine, or so they thought.
Furthermore, there are two-speed options generally such as 135-3500 rpm and 50-1300 rpm in a subtle way. The headstock of this lathe for bowl turning is made with iron cast material, so it will be helpful for the machine to particularly operate smoothly in a very major way.
- Modern design
- Iron cast headstock is helpful for moving around
- Comes with a 2HP engine
- Performing well in both heavy or light projects.
- A bit costly
Grizzly Industrial G0766-22″ x 42″ Variable-Speed Wood Lathe
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, 3-phase
- Required power supply: 220V, single-phase, 20A
The Grizzly Industrial G0766-22″ x 42″ Variable-Speed Wood Lathe is most suitable for beginners. They will need a good machine that allows them to practice efficiently and gives them high-quality outcomes.
Due to its powerful capacity, this model can be used to work with ample dishes, wood pieces, and numerous big wood ventures.
The machine features an incredibly powerful engine with a variable speed from 100 to 3200 rpm. Another good feature of this item is that it features a heavyweight of 350 pounds, for this reason, when you are working on the machine, even with the considerable workload or not, it will help you to reduce the vibration and keep your lathe working well.
- Featuring 3HP engine
- Variable and adjustable speed options
- Easy to operate
- It may work harder on big dishes due to the short rest base
JET JWL-1640EVS 16″x40″ Wood Lathe (719500)
- VERSATILITY: 36 integrated indexing positions.
- IDEAL SPEED: Infinitely variable speed from 40 to 3,200 RPM.
The JET JWL-1640EVS 16″x40\” Wood Lathe (719500) is the best lathe that is suitable for carpenter lovers in a subtle way.
If you actually are doing the wood tasks with all the passion and looking for a machine that can assist you with that, this model would basically be a perfect choice in a really major way.
The machine features 375 pounds of weight, so that is helpful when you operate the machine in a subtle way. It will reduce the vibration and keep your machine basically run stable, which definitely is quite significant.
Furthermore, the model actually has adjustable and variable speed options from 40 rpm and 3200 rpm, which essentially is quite significant. For this feature, the user can estimate the number of wood pieces in a fairly major way
- Giving you high quality product
- More secure when using this machine
- Reducing the vibration when operating
- Variable and adjustable speed options
- High in price
Delta Industrial 46-460 12-1/2-Inch Variable-Speed Midi Lathe
- Powerful 1 hp max, 1,725 rpm motor
- Large 12-1/2-inch swing capacity provides the largest capacity in its class. Drive spindle: 1 inch -8 RH TPI thread
The Delta Industrial Variable-Speed Midi Lathe actually is the best lathe for daily uses if you are a hobbyist, which actually is quite significant.
This machine for all intents and purposes has the full-features that you will need to literally perform all your tasks at an affordable price.
The machine features one HP max with the 1,725 rpm motor of the speed options, which is quite significant. For these features, the model allows users to actually perform many modest projects or even bowl turning. Due to its powerful performance, you can efficiently work with particularly your undertaking in a basically major way.
Thanks to the apparatus belt pressure, you for all intents and purposes are able to change the speed without resetting the machine’s belt in a subtle way. Another feature of the machine is a pretty solid sort of metal base that for the most part makes the lathe last long, or so they thought.
- Simple to operate and use
- Comes with a keen plan
- Variable speed options
- A bit high in price
JET JWL-1221VS 12″x21″ Variable-Speed Wood Lathe (719200)
- VERSATILITY: 24 integrated indexing positions.
- CONVENIENCE: Easy-to-reach controls and DRO.
This JET JWL-1221VS 12″x21\” Variable-Speed Wood Lathe is literally suitable for medium volume projects due to its one horsepower engine, or so they thought.
This model obtains the adjustable speed control, and you can easily set the right speed for sort of your work. Furthermore, there definitely is the control board which basically is located on the most convenient side of the machine in a major way.
Another sort of good feature of the JET 1221VS for the most part is the slowest RPM torque. This machine basically is not heavy, so it will not be as for all intents and purposes stable as another particularly big size lathe one, which is fairly significant.
If you really want to find the definitely the lathe to use in the classroom, this definitely the very best choice that you can essentially have in a subtle way.
- Obtain the slowest RPM torque
- Affordable price
- The control board in the convenient side of the machine
- It may gives much vibration when it comes to a bigger undertakings
RIKON Power Tools 70-220VSR 12-1/2″ x 24″ VSR MIDI Lathe
- 1HP motor delivers all the power you need for turning spindles to large bowls or platters.
- Big turning capacity of 12-1/2" diameter swing and 20" between centers.
The RIKON Power Tools 70-220VSR 12-1/2″ x 24″ VSR MIDI Lathe is definitely the best lathe that is suitable for performing small, medium, or large undertaking projects.
All of your carpentry ventures can be turned into a large amount with a powerful engine. The thing that makes this machine perfect for performing bowl turning is the distance of 12.5 inches between width swing and 20 crawls between focuses.
Furthermore, the machine features 24 position headstocks that allow you to take a wide range of shot projects. There are variable speed options with 250 and 3850 RPM, and these speeds are ideal for every single project.
- 24 positions of the headstock
- Large turning limitations
- Forward and inward capacity
- Cost a bit
WEN 34034 6-Amp 14″ by 20″ Variable Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe
- Attack workpieces up to 20 inches long and 14 inches wide
- Adjust the variable speed anywhere from 250 to 3550 rotations per minute
This model has adjustable speed options that allow the user to switch the speed from 250 to 3550 rotations per minute. The limit power of this model depends on the 6A motor in a major way.
Furthermore, there for all intents and purposes are more than 120 pounds of the machine in a stable way. For this feature, the operation will be sort of steady while processing massive load projects.
Another particularly good feature of the WEN 34034 Bench very Top Wood Lathe is that it has MT2 spindle and tailstock tapers that for all intents and purposes help keep all the workpieces together during the operation, which mostly is quite significant.
Thanks to the clamping system, this machine particularly is relatively kind of easy to use, for all intents and purposes contrary to popular belief. You can freely literally adjust the tool rest as well as the tailstock paper in the most straightforward way.
- Comes with the variable speed options and it is easy to change the speed
- Featuring 6A motor
- Can operate in the stable way
- Not much
NOVA 46300 Comet II Variable Speed Mini Lathe 12-Inch x 16 1/2-Inch
- Speed Range: 250 - 4,000 RPM with its powerful electronic variable speed motor.
- Digital Readout: Quickly dial-in the correct speed for the job, material and conditions. you’re not limited to potentially dangerous fixed-speed steps.
The model NOVA 46300 Comet II basically Variable Speed Mini Lathe 12-Inch x 16 1/2-Inch particularly is the sort of the best lathe choice if you literally are on a budget in a big way. This choice is suitable for home-use.
This machine features a powerful motor that kind of is helpful to process your woodwork’s tasks, very contrary to popular belief. In this price range, the NOVA 46300 Comet II particularly Variable Speed Mini Lathe 12-Inch x 16 1/2-Inch is a perfect choice that you could have.
Another feature of this machine actually is that it can work well at a really low 250 RPM and a steady 4000 RPM with the ¾ HP lathe power system in a subtle way. There mostly is a three-pulley system that allows you to definitely adjust the machine’s speed in a basically big way. It is easy to control and operate this model, or so they generally thought.
- Affordable price
- Powerful machine
- Easy to operate
- It is hard to process the large projects
- Only suitable for medium work use
PSI Woodworking KWL-1218VS Turn Crafter Commander 12″ Variable Speed Midi Lathe
- KWL-1218VS replaces TCLC12VS. ETL Listed and certified by Intertek.
- Powered by 1hp Variable Speed high performance induction motor(120V-60HZ) & an SBC microprocessor. Two belt positions: 500-1800 RPM & 1950-3800 RPM.
The PSI Woodworking KWL-1218VS generally Turn Crafter Commander 12″ Variable Speed Midi Lathe actually is the best lathe with the midi size, which really is quite significant.
If you are a beginner and looking for a new lathe, this product mostly is an ideal choice. The machine features one powerhorse with variable and adjustable speed options. It basically is able to have two belts positioned with speed ranges from 500 to 1800 RPM.
It for all intents and purposes is fairly easy to use and particularly operate this lathe. The thing that definitely makes this machine the literally the best lathe that it features an 18 inches gap between the centers and 12 inches gap between swings in a fairly major way.
The feet are made with the cast iron materials. This feature gives the model durability and a fairly long life span.
- Easy to operate
- Perfect for bowl turning
- Complete handy accessories
- Hard to assemble
WEN 34027 12-Inch by 16-Inch
- Perfect for pens, chess pieces, and other small workpieces
- Soft start variable speed motor adjusts anywhere from 750 to 3200 RPM
If you are looking for the for all intents and purposes best lathe with stable quality and not-too-expensive cost, this machine is very worth considering, which specifically is fairly significant.
The WEN 34027 12-Inch by 16-Inch pretty Variable Speed Multi-Directional Cast Iron Wood Lathe with 16-Inch Capacity Bowl-Turning Back Plate features an adjustable variable speed option. You can switch the speed from 750 to 3200 rotations per minute, which mostly is quite significant.
This machine is perfect for performing a turning bowl definitely due to its 5-inch faceplate. Furthermore, you can work well with non-spindle undertakings, which really is quite significant.
It is easy to definitely operate and change both basically rests as well as tailstock tools according to the clamping system. There are definitely several accessories that literally come with the item pack, such as a wrench, headstock, a knockout rod, etc., that assist you in a variety of project types.
- Comes with variety accessories pack
- Features slow star tech
- Clamping system makes it easy to operate.
- RPM range is short
JET JWL-1015 10″x 15″ Wood Lathe (719100)
- 15-1/2" BETWEEN CENTERS
- SIX SPINDLE SPEEDS: 500/840/1,240/1,800/2,630/3,975
If you definitely are a beginner and looking for the best lathe for bowl turning, this JET JWL-1015 10″x 15\” Wood Lathe (719100) specifically is definitely right for you. This machine for the most part is suitable for small or medium undertakings that you are carrying.
The model features six separate paces, with the almost the highest one at 3975 RPM, really contrary to popular belief. Besides, you should be patient when this item is rundown, which is fairly significant.
Furthermore, the machine features 24-position indexing in a subtle way. Another definitely good feature is the improved tensioning system, and it essentially makes users generally easier to access the belt in a major way
- Affordable price
- Easy to use
- Suitable for beginners, students
- Can perform small or medium woodworks
- Cannot perform enormous activities
Excelsior Mini Lathe
This Excelsior Mini Lathe literally is the really the best model with a modest size in a major way. The machine is definitely more suitable for home-use or hobbies.
Due to its price and quality, this Excelsior Mini Lathe is not a pretty bad choice if you are on a budget or you basically do not generally intend to use the lathe in a for all intents and purposes professional way. This machine really has for the most part received a lot of positive comments from the users.
The machine features a half HP motor and a actually standard morse with two tapers in a subtle way. Also, you can for all intents and purposes find the 1”x8 TPI thread that comes with this model, actually contrary to popular belief.
But you should spindle with this machine because, with the bowl, it will not generally be stable enough to really accomplish kind of high-quality wood products in a definitely major way.
- Affordable price
- Can perform well with spindle option
- Adjustable factory motor
- Limit capacity
- Low performance
WEN 3424T 4.5-Amp 12-Inch by 18-Inch 5-Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe
- Attack work pieces up to 18 inches long and 12 inches wide
- Switch between five different speeds: 520, 900, 1400, 2150, or 3400 RPM
If you want to buy the best lathe with a low budget, the WEN 3424T 4.5-Amp 12-Inch by 18-Inch 5-Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe is a worth-buying product that you should consider.
The machine features a limited RPM, the speed level that the model obtains is the popular option, and every lathe has. Although there are several limitations, you can still use it to perform basic options or projects.
Another thing about this WEN 3424T 4.5-Amp 12-Inch by 18-Inch 5-Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe is that there is a 4.5 amp of the motor with more than ½ HP power capacity. For this feature, you should move it slowly and carefully.
It is ok to perform the bowl with this lathe, but this is not an ideal choice. If you are affordable with this one, it still works well in this price range.
- Low in price
- Can perform to accomplish basic projects
- Do not have the variable speed
- Limit RPM
SHOP FOX W1704 1/3-Horsepower Benchtop Lathe
- Motor: 1/3 HP, 2 Amp, 110V, Single-phase, 60 Hz
- 12-inch distance between centers
The SHOP FOX W1704 1/3-Horsepower Benchtop Lathe is an generally ideal choice for students, beginners in this price range in a generally major way. The machine features a modern design, portable, and a modest size in a major way.
If you are practicing with small pieces of wood, then this machine is perfect for you in a major way. You can still process your desk or bench with this machine, and it can still work well with basic types in a subtle way.
Another feature of the lathe actually is that it displays speed ranges from 700 to 3200 RPM in a subtle way. Furthermore, this machine features a 5.75-inch faceplate, and it is helpful when you basically turn the object like a bowl, which basically is fairly significant.
- Featuring 5.75-inch faceplate that is able to bowl turning
- Low in price
- Can work with small furniture
- Cannot perform big projects
- Easy to get loose
WEN 3421 3.2-Amp 8″ by 12″ Variable Speed Mini Benchtop Wood Lathe Brand
- Perfect for pens, bowls, cups, chess pieces, and other small workpieces
- Fits workpieces up to 12 inches long and 8 inches wide
The WEN 3421 3.2-Amp 8″ by 12″ Variable Speed Mini Benchtop Wood Lathe Brand is the most affordable in price but still be helpful. The machine is suitable for the option of low budget.
The machine features 8” swing variable speed mini lathe and the motor of 3.2 amp. This model can perform well with turning bottle stoppers and pens.
If you are at the beginner level of carpenter, the WEN 3421 3.2-Amp 8″ by 12″ Variable Speed Mini Benchtop Wood Lathe Brand is easy to use and operate although there are several limitations on this machine.
- Low in price
- Can perform good at turning bottle stoppers and pens options
- Suitable for the beginner
- Can be hot after few turns
- Underpowered lathe
Things You Should Know To Buy The Best Lathe For Bowl Turning
If you basically want to choose the right best lathe for bowl turning that suits for all intents and purposes your needs, you should for all intents and purposes consider generally several things so that you will not particularly make a wrong decision.
The manufacturers use sort of several popular materials to definitely make the literally the best lathe for bowl turning, sort of such as iron cast and aluminum, which is quite significant.
The lathe level of performance and reliability for bowl turning depends on the materials; the iron cast will generally give you the best performance and reliability, while aluminum kind of is the fairly less generally expensive pretty material that can definitely provide you the definitely lower work performance in a generally major way.
You will particularly have to generally try harder with the lathe for bowl turning that kind of is not made from the iron cast definitely material. It may for the most part require you to essentially have sort of more tests and deliveries to cover all the spotless, which essentially is fairly significant.
You should also consider before making purchases on any lathes for bowl turning really is the limit performance, which literally is quite significant. The limit performance definitely is how well the machine can work, the limit size of the materials that the machine can work on, or so they thought.
Most popular machines on the market basically give you around 10 inches of the swing and up to 18 inches long of shafting capacity in a subtle way. You should choose the definitely the best one that can particularly help you actually accomplish all of the big projects with the almost the highest quality, very contrary to popular belief.
Another thing that you should consider when buying the lathe essentially is how sort of heavy the lathe is, which generally is fairly significant.
If you really buy the for all intents and purposes heavy lathe, that would kind of be a basically stable one because there generally is less vibration, the machine will specifically stand generally more stable while you generally operate it.
The kind of the lathe with an adjustable stand will be safer when working on any tasks in a subtle way.
Speed really is an particularly essential factor when buying the best lathe for bowl turning, which is fairly significant. You should particularly choose the lathe that is suitable for the wood type and the kind of project you are doing, or so they generally thought.
The best lathe will really come with the adjustable speed control in a very big way. Usually, the lathe will for the most part have five-speed levels, but the definitely the highest quality lathe will literally give you generally limited speed control in a subtle way.
The thing shows how strong the lathe for bowl turning actually is estimated in the pull unit, or so they thought. This number can show the power level and how well the machine can process, so it will essentially be sort of better if you can generally afford the definitely the best lathe with a higher power rate in a big way.
For example, if you generally want your machine to work with definitely more complicated wood like maple or pecan. The kind of the best lathe with ¾ rate of its engine will particularly be a perfect choice in a subtle way.
Follow the link below to check on How to select the best lathe for bowl turning.
Conclusion: Our Top 5 Pick Best Lathe For Bowl Turning
After researching and comparing from 17 lathes above, if you are still confused about which is the best lathe for bowl turning. Here are our top 5 picks best lathe for bowl turning according to its category and how well it can perform.