Blankets are essential when you need to keep your bed warm. They are commonly used in beds to keep sleepers warm. With different types of blankets, people can choose the right options to keep their beds warm. However, wool blankets are exceptional when it comes to keeping the sleeper warm. Additionally, there are different types of wool that people can choose for their beds. Just like mattresses, blankets are designed to ensure proper fit.
The quality of the wool blanket is vital for ensuring excellent performance. Apart from keeping the user warm, stylish sheets are ideal. They are designed to ensure the bed has a sleek look as well as comfort. Basically, there are different types of wool. There are merino, lamb, Shetland, alpaca, and mohair. Depending on your preference, these blankets are ideal for an ideal-feeling bed. For the best wool blankets, below are the top selected and reviewed.
Wool Blankets Buying Guide
- Size: The size of a blanket is vital for comfort. Depending on the size of your bed, there is every need to have an ideal-sized sheet. They are available depending on your preferred size to ensure a superb choice. Whether it’s twin or king-size and throw blankets, they are available for purchase. However, a large blanket is always ideal.
- Type of Wool: Although blankets are labeled wool, they come in different types. There are some made from sheep, cashmere, and other types of wool. However, depending on personal preference, the quality of wool is a vital section. These days, we have blended wool which makes blankets more comfortable and reliable.
- Weave: Blanket weaving is an important factor when it comes to overall performance. Usually, the weave entails the quality and number of fabrics used. This s quality also determines the overall blanket weight and warmth. As a result, the quality of the weave is paramount.
- Safety: The safety of a blanket is usually determined by the ability to provide comfort without issues. Wool-made blankets are typically safe, but you need to ensure they are free from chemicals. Therefore, they will not cause odor or allergic reactions. Additionally, washing blankets should not cause dye or fabric shedding.
Best Wool Blankets in 2023
Bodhiartistry Super Soft Cashmere Wool Blanket
- Soft and warm Cashmere blend throw blanket with classic herringbone pattern hand-woven by local artisan of Nepal. Care: Dry Clean. It can also be hand washed in cold water. Remove the excess water and lay it flat on a towel. Never hang the throw blanket to dry it as it will distort the overall shape of the throw blanket.
- Multipurpose throw blanket perfect for travel, camping, couch, sofa, bed, meditation or office. Wrap yourself in this coziness indoor or out.
- Comfortably sized at 54" x 94" (inches), it is well suited for adult or children. Perfect for housewarming, holidays, birthdays, baby or newlywed gift, our herringbone blanket is sure to be a must have essential in your home.
- Light weight, warm and cozy throw blanket features a neutral color to match any space and complement most any decor.
- Pilling occurs as a result of fabric against itself or other surface. While, unfortunately, pilling can occur in cashmere wool blanket, it can be removed using garment bristle brush.
The Bodhiartistry cashmere blanket is a super soft blanket made to keep the bed sleek and warm. It’s a versatile blanket with high versatility hence good for a bed and also as a throw blanket. As a result, the sheet is superb for use on a couch, sofa, and other places. The luxurious, soft, and warm design is excellent for keeping the sleeper comfortable. The classic herringbone pattern and handcrafting ensure the blanket is perfect.
Apart from the classic design, this blanket is highly versatile. In fact, this blanket can be used at home or in outdoor activities. Despite the wool fabrics, it has extra lightweight, which eliminates bulkiness. Due to neutral colors, there is excellent blending to any décor. Keeping it clean is simple since it can be hand washed. The pure wool construction from Nepal assures a luxurious and soft feel.
- Soft luxurious wool
- Simple to clean
- Versatile application
Qisu Alpaca Throw Large, Beautiful, Warm, Variegated Wool Blanket
- QUALITY MATERIALS – Crafted with premium-grade Alpaca wool, these lightweight, soft knit blankets provide breathable warmth and softness you can’t get with sheep or cotton.
- BEAUTIFUL COLORS and STYLES – Style is something unique to us all, especially when it comes to home decor. That’s why our throws and blankets come in a variety of vibrant looks.
- HANDMADE CRAFTMANSHIP – Every Alpaca wool blanket is made by artisan hands giving them each a beautiful, all-natural look and feel that’s truly original. Color and size might vary slightly from detail due to hand manufacturing of natural fibers.
- EASY TO CARE – Washable on delicate or can be dry cleaned. These durable (50% Alpaca, 50% Acrylic) everyday throws provide beauty and style to any home, outing or festival and easy to clean and stay fresh. Edges are protected and reinforced.
- 85” by 65” (Queen-size throw). In the ancient Quechua South American language, Qisu stands for “Beauty is Appreciated”. That’s why every blanket is backed by superior craftmanship and responsive customer service.
The Qisu Alpaca throw blanket is elegant and crafted to give your bed a new look. Made by experts, the blanket offers thrilling comfort and warmth. Therefore, even when it’s cold, the blanket is exceptionally reliable. In fact, the hypoallergenic design gives the blanket an ideal way to enjoy comfort without skin issues. Alpaca wool is incredibly comfortable than sheep wool or cotton fabrics. Therefore, it suits everyone in need of warm nights.
Unlike plain blankets, this has sleek patterns that enable people to enjoy a great-looking bed. Additionally, the soft and breathable nature creates a great feeling when using this blanket. The stylish crafting is one of the ideal things that make the sheet perfect for all home decor. With easy-to-care fabrics, it is easy to clean hence a superb way to enjoy the great feeling. The fabrics consist of 50% acrylic and 50% alpaca, thus making them durable and soft.
- Durable fabrics
- Hypoallergenic and breathable
- Sleek pattern
- Feels a bit thin
Lavish Home Australian Wool Blanket
- Pattern: Wolf Pack
- Edging: Self Hemmed Edge
- Materials: 100% Polyester
- Construction: Woven
- Dimensions: 74 inches x 91 inches
A lavish home wool blanket is made from pure and high-quality materials. Unlike synthetic fibers, this boasts 100% lamb wool from Australia. Due to this, it has exceptional comfort as well as warmth. The large design allows it to fit king-sized beds. Therefore, even when sleeping, there is ample bed covering. With extra soft fabrics, they are soothing and luxurious; hence sleepers enjoy outstanding comfort and luxury.
Besides the plushy nature, this blanket is made to provide outstanding loftiness and cushioning.
This implies that even when you are using it, there is proper insulation from heat loss. With a stylish pattern, the blanket keeps the room looking fabulous. For durability, the edges are lined, which prevents fabric damage. This blanket is ideal for layering as well as a single bed cover. Offering high breathability, the sheet keeps your bed cozy and highly breathable.
- Premium lamb wool
- High-quality craftsmanship
- Superb cushioning
- Strong smell when unpacking
Woolly Mammoth Extra Large Merino Wool Camp Blanket
- ★ MERINO WOOL WARMTH – 80% merino wool using a twill weave for enhanced durability. Wool is a breathable fiber that produces instant warmth. Wool has water-resistant qualities and repels moisture vapor through its fibers, making it less susceptible to mold or mildew. Even on sunny days, a quality wool blanket can help protect you from the sun and keep you cool with the fibers' natural temperature-regulating properties.
- ★ FROM CAMPING BACKPACKS TO WEEKENDS AT THE CABIN – Our large wool blanket is approximately 66" inches x 90" inches and weighs approximately 4 lbs. This is the perfect blanket when you need an extra layer of insulation. Great for camping, hiking, stargazing, backpacking, bushcrafting, boating, fishing, hunting or storing in the trunk of your car as a utility blanket for emergency preparedness. A durable wool blanket is an essential addition to your outdoor gear and equipment collection.
- ★ EDGING AND FINISH – Our Explorer Collection wool blankets have a milled finish, which means there is inter-fiber felting and fabric consolidation, thereby creating a denser blanket. The edging of this blanket is double-stitched using a thick polyester thread intended to withstand years of use. A beautiful thick yarn whipstitch adds a timeless finish to this premium woolen blanket that will last generations.
- ★ SPECIAL GIFT IDEA – One cannot go wrong with the timeless gift of a wool blanket. This makes a thoughtful gift idea for weddings, housewarmings, new beginnings, graduations, engagements, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, grandparents, birthdays, anniversaries, and more.
- ★ MERINO WOOL IS SELF-CLEANING – Wool blankets DO NOT need to be machine washed due to the self-cleaning properties of wool fibers. Machine washing may be damaging to wool. The natural properties of high-quality wool create a durable, flexible, and temperature-regulating Woolly blanket. Spot cleaning and a good shake goes a long way! Woolly Mammoth blankets are built to last and are used by thousands of bushcrafters, hunters, campers, backpackers, hikers, survivalists, & preppers.
The type of blanket you furnish your bed with matters a lot when it comes to warmth. Especially when cold, heavy-duty sheets are worth having. The Woolly Mammoth camp blanket is made to give every bed a nice uplift. Compared to other sheets, this uses virgin Merino wool. As a result, it keeps every bed feeling awesome. Also, pure quality wool eliminates the use of recycled materials, which can affect performance and durability.
Having this blanket guarantees great warmth and sleekness. This is essential since people can always enjoy a superb feeling. Additionally, superior knitting ensures there is needed thickness and crafting. Unlike other blankets that become rough, this has a smooth surface throughout. Also, edges enjoy double stitching hence guaranteeing excellent durability. The beautiful whipstitch gives the blanket a timeless finish and lasts for generations. High flexibility, ease of cleaning, and a sleek look make this perfect wool blanket for every bed.
- Durable stitching
- Dense construction
- Beautiful finish
- Feels a bit heavy
Desert Breeze Alpaca & Sheep Wool Blanket
- 100% VIRGIN WOOL! Our Andean Collection is a thick, tightly woven blanket made from luxuriously soft 50% Alpaca and 50% Sheep Wool, from animals raised in the extreme elevations and climate conditions of the Andes Mountains.
- Earth tones. Color might vary slightly from detail photo due to manufacturing of natural fibers. Edges are protected and reinforced with polyester binding, then double stitched for extra durabiity.
- Washable, or can be dry cleaned.
- Made in PERU! Alpaca and sheep wool sourced from animals raised high in the Andes mountains. Spun, woven, and finished at a family owned mill in Huancayo, Peru.
- King size - 86 x 103 inches, weight 7.2 lbs.
When you need a perfect-looking bed, the best blankets are the ideal options. The Desert Breeze wool blanket provides all the convenience and comfort. In fact, it is blended from sheep and Alpaca wool, which delivers excellent comfort. Unlike cheap blankets made from recycled wool, this features virgin materials. In fact, the yarn is sourced from the Andes, which guarantees perfect quality. Moreover, 50% sheep wool and 50% alpaca wool deliver outstanding performance.
Covering yourself with this blanket provides an excellent feeling. It has a dense design that enables people to enjoy great warmth, even for people living in elevated places. To guarantee comfort, the blanket comes with brushed wool, which provides great softness. Boasting large-size construction, the bed cover is ideal for big beds. Moreover, washable nature offers an excellent way to keep the blanket clean and refreshing. The striped design is sleek and provides an attractive look.
- Blended virgin wool
- Superbly warm
- Extra dense design
- Heavier than rivals
RUTH&BOAZ Wool Blend Blanket Ethnic Inka Pattern
- CONSTRUCTION: Throw measures 50x60", made of 100% woven cotton with 2. 5" decorative fringe finish that won't unravel in wash
- QUALITY IN THE DETAILS: Combining a vintage look with a modern twist, these blankets are durable and versatile. An easy way to add color and texture to freshen your home for spring or warm it up in the winter
- FITS THE RUSTIC, VINTAGE, OR DISTRESSED LOOK: These throws have a very chic and trendy look, throw over a couch, chair, or bed to add a splash of color and provide warmth on a cold night
- ANYWHERE YOU NEED A BLANKET: Use DII throw blankets not only to keep cozy or as a décor piece, you can also give away as an easy and useful housewarming or holiday gift, take to the beach or use for picnics or camping
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Machine wash colors separately, wash in cold water, gentle cycle, tumble dry low, low iron
With Ruth&Boaz blended wool blanket, there is no more worry about chilly days. The wool, the crafted blanket, is reliable to allow people to get the best feeling in bed. The blended wool and polyester enable the sleeper to enjoy an awesome feeling. It creates a comfortable and breathable bed, thus no excessive sweating. Besides, the blanket offers everyone an ideal experience hence creating a soft feel. Due to its light nature, the blanket is perfected for use indoors and outdoors.
Apart from the premium materials and construction, it comes with sleek geometric patterns. They are impressive and offer excellent looks inspired by Mexico’s native tribes. With designs offering a wide range of colors, the blanket creates a thrilling look in your home. With edges featuring superior lining, it prevents wearing off easily. Cleaning is fantastic since it is machine washable, or users can dry clean.
- Sleek ancient-inspired patterns
- Lightweight for home and camping
- Machine washable
- Not for large beds
Poyet Motte Aubisque 500GSM Heavyweight 100% Wool Blanket
- Made in France by Poyet Motte; Established in 1839, Poyet Motte is reputed all thru out Europe as a leading manufacturer of high-quality blankets
- Constructed from an amazing 33-Microns/500 GSM (grams per square meter) of 100-percent virgin wool for many years of use and luxury
- Unique weaving process creates an ultra tight and pliable blanket that reverses colors and has an anti-pilling finish
- Double stitched satin binding sewn on all four sides for added strength and clean crisp edge; King blanket measures an oversized 108-by-96 inches
- Woolmark licensed guarantee; conveniently machine washable, line dry; not designed for summer use; Product of France
Poyet Motte 500GSM is a heavy-duty blanket made to keep everyone a great feeling. Unlike traditional blankets, this is made from premium wool to create a luxurious feel. Amazingly, the expertly made blanket is made by Poyet Motte. They have had excellent expertise in making blankets for a long time. The construction features 33 microns, which renders it unique for keeping sleepers warm. The uniform and brushed wool help in maintaining consistent performance.
The 100% virgin wool is one of the ideal features that make this superb blanket choice. Apart from premium wool, the blanket boasts a unique knitting process that makes the blanket tight and pliable. Also, double-stitching binding provides exceptional strength and durability. With its heavy-duty design, this blanket is s superbly made for use in cold seasons. The ability to be machine washed allows people to enjoy a smooth cleaning process.
- Extra dense construction
- Unique weaving process
- Double-stitched binding
- Not for summer use
Pendleton Yakima Warm Wool Indoor Outdoor Throw Blanket
- QUALITY MATERIALS: Woven of pure virgin wool in our American mills for years of outstanding comfort.
- INDOORS or OUTDOORS: Sleep soundly indoors or out with our bestselling camp blankets that keep you warm and cozy in all weather conditions.
- CARE: For best results, dry clean to help maintain fabric quality.
- INSPIRATION: They're modeled after the ombré stripe blankets cowboys made camp with at the end of a long day on the range. You too will relax after a long day with these comforting blankets.
- CLASSIC DESIGN: With rich colored fabric and minimalist stripes, these blankets withstand the test of time and go with any décor.
Sleeping comfortably while enjoying a warm night comes hand in hand with the right blanket. The Pendleton Yakima wool throw blanket is versatile and reliable. It can be used at home or when outdoors. Besides high reliability, the blanket is exceptionally sleek. It has a striped design that adds superb beauty to your room. Despite its lightweight nature, the blanket is created to ensure your body remains warm throughout. Whether it’s at home or camping, the Yakima throw blanket is a superb option.
The high-quality fabrics are manufactured to ensure users get the best experience. In fact, they are easy to clean without getting damaged. With rugged wool, the blanket provides exceptional covering and warmth regardless of the condition. The design allows this blanket to offer ample cover for a great experience. Therefore, even on chilly days, using this blanket brings an excellent feeling.
- Durable, rugged wool
- Sleek striped design
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor
- Feels a bit stiff
Arcturus Military Warm, Thick, Washable Wool Blanket
- THE BEST GOT BETTER: Thanks to input from thousands of customers, we’ve made dramatic improvements for the new decade to provide more warmth and value. Unlike cheaper blankets, Arcturus wool blankets are triple-washed during production, making them softer, more hygienic, and less susceptible to shedding. Check out recent customer feedback to get the most accurate reviews from your fellow Arcturus fans.
- PERFECT ANYWHERE: Loom-woven and hemmed on all sides with contrast lock stitching, our blanket looks right at home in the woods or on your couch. Wool is a naturally fire-retardant material. Our blankets are NEVER treated with any additional flame-retardant chemicals, making it safe for you and your family.
- PLENTY OF ROOM FOR ALL - Large size (64" x 88") will keep you and a friend cozy while camping, at a tailgate party, or an outdoor concert. Also great as an emergency blanket in your vehicle or for a cowboy camping setup.
- WARM & DEPENDABLE - Wool is a time-tested natural fabric that will keep you warm, even when wet. The remainder of the blanket is composed of 20% hypoallergenic synthetic fibers for durability and washability. Because wool fibers are relatively short, longer synthetic fibers help secure the weave, minimizing shedding and adding years of life to your blanket.
- MACHINE WASHABLE - We make it easy to care for your new blanket. Not only are they washable, but they get softer and softer with each wash. Scroll down for detailed care instructions.
Wool is one of the premium materials that make outstanding blankets. This Arcturus military blanket is among the exciting options for a warm night. In fact, this blanket creates an exceptional feeling without sacrificing your comfort. The heavy-duty wool fabrics allow the blanket to deliver excellent insulation. Also, the smooth surface is soft, which offers a thrilling atmosphere. Weighing 4.8 pounds, the blanket is designed to keep sleepers warm.
Besides the durable construction, the blanket is sleek and super soft. With a versatile design, it is ideal for different applications. Whether for bed, football tailgating, or other functions, the blanket is a superb choice. With an 80% wool composition, there is excellent reliability and performance. The hypoallergenic fibers are ideal since they keep every user safe from sensitivity. Above all, the blanket is free from flame retardants hence safe for every family member.
- A heavy-duty military-grade quality
- Hypoallergenic fibers
- Machine washable
- Discolor when washed
EKTOS 90% Wool Warm & Heavy Blanket
- CONTINUALLY IMPROVED - For us, product development is never done. We listen to our customers and we regularly find ways to get better. Most recently, we've significantly improved the smell and washability of our blankets. But don't take our word for it - check out our most recent customer reviews below to see for yourself
- PERFECT INDOORS OR OUTDOORS - Our wool blankets are loom woven, ruggedly designed and finished on all sides. They get the job done equally well in the wilderness, your adventure van or the master bedroom. We've worked hard to make these blankets as soft, non-scratchy and odor free as possible (but hey - they're still made from wool - see comfort tips in the "Helpful Info" section below)
- BREATHABLE WARMTH & COMFORT - Tired of that hot sticky (or that cold damp) feeling you can get with synthetic insulators? Wool has an almost magical ability to retain warmth, provide airflow, wick moisture, and regulate temperature - keeping you dry and comfortable while sleeping - and also making them a great year-round option
- NATURAL BENEFITS - Sheep's wool is a time-tested insulator right out of nature that can provide warmth even when wet. It also inherently resists static, soiling and fire. We keep it clean by never adding fire retardant or insecticide chemicals. Choosing a blanket made from a natural, sustainable and renewable resource is a great choice for both you and our planet
- WASHABLE WOOL - EKTOS wool blankets are easy to care for (see below for detailed care and washing recommendations). They have also been triple-washed during production to make them softer, more odor free, and less susceptible to shedding or shrinking - so they are ready for use as soon as you receive them
Ektos warm and heavy-duty blanket is one of the best options for everyone. Created with exceptional plushness, the blanket is fantastic and creates the best sleeping experience. In fact, it is perfected to allow people to navigate cold seasons with confidence. The rugged design is excellent and lets everyone enjoy unmatched warmth. Also, the dense fabrics are designed to last for a long.
The exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio delivers needed performance. In fact, the blanket is tasked with offering warmth even when wet. Thus, whether in winter or other cold seasons, it offers superb reliability. With 90% wool fibers and 10% synthetic fibers, the blanket is hypoallergenic. Additionally, it’s free from dyes and fire-retardant materials. Thus, it creates an ideal option for people of all ages.
- Free from chemicals
- Excellent warmth and weight ratio
- Soft and non-scratchy
- Sheds when new
Wool is one of the premium and safe materials. With high performance, there is a need to have the right blanket. They are available in different sizes, quality, and others. To avoid the hassle, these reviewed blankets are what everyone needs.